Contact: Marye Audet
I am the mom of eight amazing kids – five still at home, two in the Air Force in Asia, and one nearby. I have recently remarried and together my husband and I are establishing a new life with filled with new possibilities. We are restoring a 100 year old farmhouse and, up until a year ago, were raising dairy goats for milk and fresh artisan cheese. I hope to do that again at some point. We have our own chickens, plant a vegetable garden, and homeschool.
In my spare time (which is rare) I enjoy reading, spinning wool, handcrafts, sewing, working out in the gym, and oil painting. Or, just spending time with family and friends.
I have been a professional blogger, food journalist, and freelance writer since 2007, publishing a cookbook in 2009. I was the section editor of LoveToKnow Antiques, LoveToKnow Green Living, and LoveToKnow Organics, holding this position for over 3 years. I was also a Sr. Writer on other channels within the company. I produced a specialty cookbook for SheKnows.com which included recipe development and images as well as wrote for several of their channels.
I have written for many Internet venues including:
- Discovery Channel
In addition I started and ran a tearoom handling all aspects of management, menu, food preparation, and design.
I am experienced in the following:
- Writing interesting and unique copy
- Writing engaging, SEO friendly content
- Menu creation
- Recipe development
- Public Relations
- Restaurant reviews
- Product Reviews
- DIY with Images
- Choosing relevant images
- Photography of food and other items
- Resizing images/using a image program
- Building site traffic
- Social networking
- Interacting with customers/fans/blog followers
- HTML coding
- Wiki coding
- Editing other authors’ work
- Food, recipes, nutrition
- Women’s issues
- Historic homes
- Parenting (from birth to grandparenting)
- Alternative medicine
- Ecology/green living
- Authored The Everything Cookies and Brownies Cookbook published by Adams Media, released September 2009
- Built Baking Delights, a b5media blog from 300 page views per day to over 3000 per day; this peaked at 10k views per day in December of 2009.
- Built Kettle and Cup for b5media, a coffee and tea blog.
- Wrote for the parenting and marriage relationships section of b5media’s Blisstree.
- Started RestlessChipotle, my own food blog which is vibrant and growing.
- Started Cameo Rose in 2005, a tearoom in the historic district of a small town. Specialized in unique, upscale dishes with beautiful presentation, high tea with all the trimmings, and special occasions.
- Food Buzz Featured Publisher
- Foodie Blogroll Featured Publisher
- Featured on Tastespotting, Dessert Stalking, Bon Appetit, and Food Gawker
- Active on Pinterest
- Participant in Bon Appetit Invitational Holiday Food Blogging, and chosen for the Cook the Cover feature
- Creator of “Boobie Bake-Off” blog events for Cancer research
- In the process of creating and establishing Texas Well Seasoned, a food blog with a local slant and Lowcarb-ology, a blog catering to the low-carb community.
- Articles published in several hard copy magazines, Simply Green, Your Teen, and a small equestrian publication
- Well known and respected among peers.
Facebook: Marye Audet: http://www.facebook.com/maryeaudetwhite (500+ friends)
Facebook Fan Page: RestlessChipotle: http://www.facebook.com/restlesschipotle (1522 fans)
Twitter: @MaryeAudet http://twitter.com/maryeaudet (2647+ followers)
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/maryeaudet/ (1187 Followers)
Food Buzz Featured Publisher: http://www.foodbuzz.com/foodies/us/texas/lancaster/profile/marye%20audet 2010-2011
Foodie Blogroll Publisher http://www.foodieblogroll.com
Deb Ng email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gayla Baer email: email@example.com
Edye Buxbaum Brown email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn Profile with Recommendations http://www.linkedin.com/in/maryeaudet
“Marye Audet is a true professional. She accepts her assignments with good cheer and meets all deadline. When Marye writes, she paints a picture with her words, something not too many food writers get right. Marye also illustrates every blog post with the scrumptious food shots, it leaves the reader with a rumbling in the belly and a need to get into the kitchen. I recommend Marye without hesitation’ Deb Ng, Community Development/Social Media at Independent Contractor
“I’m continually amazed at the ability Marye has to take a tough niche topic and develop an entire community around it. The level of excitement in her work is addictive and the care and thought she puts into her work is priceless.” Gayla Baer, Social Media Professional
“Marye is a joy to work with. She presents fresh ideas and informative articles that I have used in both research and real life implementation. Marye is precise, thorough, and one of a few people I would trust to complete the largest of assigned projects on time.” Julie Fletcher, author, writer, owner Parents Global